Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crafts: Pumpkin Topiary


I found these great white pumpkins at the DI for $1 a piece and thought it was a great deal! I had seen several pumpkin topiaries online and loved them. Such a cute festive idea. I first started the project by painting all these lovelies orange, a much more festive color than white! I bought 3/4" thick dowels and about 18' of garland to add to them. I put the dowels through to center of the pumpkins leaving plenty hanging out of the bottom for extra security and making sure not to go too far on the one on top. Then I had Zack fill up our cute gardening pots with rocks. I had found these babies at Walmart for $5 earlier this summer! I added the garland to the pumpkins for the extra little touch which definitely was worth it. They turned out just as cute as the others ones I've seen, at least I think so!

4 comments:

Thompson Family said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! I totally want to make one now! You Bonewell girls are all so crafty! You guys must have gotten all of that gene!

Shenille said...

What a cute idea! They did turn out great, very festive.

Meet the Falkners said...

That is super cute! I love it. I may have to head to the craft store and borrow your idea. You are so creative, I love it!

samlyndseyfalkner said...

Those look great!! I love all your ideas, you blog is awesome!! I am going to make a hair clip holder, so cute!