Thursday, October 20, 2011

Introducing Brooklyn Krystal Alvey



Our little miss Brooklyn was born October 10, 2011 @ 7:12 am.
She is 8 lbs 15 oz and 20.5 inches long!
She is a very happy little baby with all of us quite smitten by her!



We are so grateful that she arrived happy and healthy! My water broke just before midnight which I was so thankful for since that has always been how I knew to head over to the hospital. Stephanie came over to take care of the kids and we headed to the hospital around 1am. By 3 am I was ready for my epidural since my contractions had started getting a bit more intense. I didn't want to wait too long and experience the whole thing drug free. Zack went to sleep as soon as the epidural kicked in but almost missed the delivery since I couldn't get him to wake up very easily. He did wake up just a few minutes before she arrived at 7:12am.


She is absolutely adorable and all her siblings are so thrilled to hold, cuddle, and kiss her. Matthew was a bit confused at who this baby was or why I was holding her but after a few minutes, he was in love with her and wanted to hold her. She seems to have that effect on everyone. She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger already!


We are so thrilled to have her home with us and spending all the time we can getting to know her and love on her! She is such a blessing to our family! You can instantly feel Heavenly Father's love when you hold a new baby. The spirit they bring to your family is so strong and peaceful. She really does complete our family.

3 comments:

Jed and Aubrey said...

OH! MY! GOODNESS! She is adoreable! I want to hold her soooooo badly! That's so funny about Zack- I guess it runs in the family. Jed slept for most of my labor! :)

I loved what you said about being able to feel Heavenly Father's love when you hold a new baby- that is so true- I think I've just never heard it said that way before. Thank you :)

Can't wait to see your family soon! Love, the Provo Alvey's

Jessica and colby said...

Shes sooo cute! Love her! I love when women appriciate a good epidural no need to feel the horrible pain haha! Congrats

Gramma & Grampa said...

Love, love, love this beautiful little one! Can't wait to hug her! You have some beautiful children, which I love! Love you all - Kathy