Friday, March 29, 2013

Pinewood Derby



I have been keeping busy with cub scouts. The pinewood derby was this last pack meeting and it was fun! We have a great couple that will run the whole derby for your pack! It is awesome. They really did a great job and kept everything so organized. The boys were really excited about their cars. Zack and Taylor spent tons of time creating their cars. I made a Perry the Platypus derby car with googly eyes and all. We had lots of awards and treats for everyone. There is plenty of things I have learned from this pack meeting. Next year we are going to have a concession stand. Maybe the Cars movie playing and some games for the other kids. Not so much graphite. We had a huge mess to clean up towards the end. My advice is have something set up for the little ones!!! I found trophies at an engraving shop here in town that had cute derby trophies for my three winners. Next year I'll order them in advance so I don't have to come up with a corny little label. It was a great turnout and the boys had so much fun!    

No comments: