Friday, December 28, 2007

Book Review: A Train to Potevka


A Train to Potevka by Mike Ramsdell
My dad suggested that I read this book. It is about a CIA Agent who served some time in Russia and his experiences. It was very interesting and definitely written from a man's perspective. I would have no desire to live the life that he has. His experiences in Russia are very trying and give him a real opportunity at self evaluation. Mike lives a very exciting life, I believe that the secret service deals with many things that we never even hear about and keep us safe taking care of the type of jobs that no one wants to know exist. Our nation has so many wonderful freedoms and to maintain those takes much work. Many of us take this for granted. I appreciated learning a little more about what takes to keep our freedom. Life here in the United States is really good.

No comments: