Wednesday, September 24, 2008

School Picture Day!

I don't know how other people feel about school picture day but for me it is STRESS!!! "Parents have to buy the picture so you don't hurt anyone's feelings." Your child is not being groomed by anyone who knows what kind of picture you want or cares if their hair is sticking straight up or not. Taylor added lots of extra stress to the day by refusing to get dressed until 20 minutes before school (Note: he is in afternoon kindergarten for goodness sakes!!!) and then wanted to wear a crumpled up orange t-shirt that he found at the bottom of his drawer. I was sure he was going to bawl like a baby when I tried to get him to school, as grouchy as he was. Katelyn was fine except for she smiled without showing her teeth after she spent 20 minutes brushing them before school. Hopefully they turn out alright but there is always retakes! That seems to be the biggest reason I always take a picture of them before they leave to get their picture taken, at least I can decide how that one will turn out.

Katelyn was reading Junie B Jones books this past year and they have a whole book dedicated to school picture day and monsters. It is so funny! She calls the photographer "the cheese man" and argues that she really doesn't even like cheese so she doesn't know why she even has to say cheese. Her pictures turn out horribly due to the fact that she wasn't even ready but at the time she is worried about having a monster under her bed so she spreads all the pictures out under her bed to scare off the monster for good. Just remembering that little story made my day a little less STRESSFUL.

Katelyn ~ 2nd Grade September 2008


Taylor ~ Kindergarten September 2008


1 comment:

Shenille said...

I never liked picture day myself, I didn't realize how stressful it is on the parental end! Yikes! I hope the pictures turn out! (If not the ones you took look great!)