Sunday, March 8, 2009

Matthew is 2 weeks old today

We have made it through the first two weeks of life with our little Matthew.

The kids adore him and I am still adjusting to having five children who depend so much upon me.

It is truly a huge but rewarding job.

Matthew has smiled a few times which is a definite treat! I haven't been able to catch it on the camera yet but soon enough.

He is still working on his days and nights but we will get that adjusted pretty soon.

We really enjoy how much he likes to snuggle!

I really enjoyed this pose of him "dancing"!

Well here comes another week and Taylor says I am suppose to be much better now so we will see how things go!

__________________________________________

Brandon and Goldie came in town to visit and meet our little man.
It was cut short though as my dad's mom passed away Friday afternoon. She had been sick since I was in high school or junior high. My uncle Jon called my dad on Wednesday to let him know that she probably wouldn't make it through the weekend and so my dad quickly left to see her before she passed on. Fortunately he was able to spend some time with her. I am sure it was hard on him. She doesn't even remember who he is, she's had Alzheimer's for years. I know Mike and him are a great comfort to their brothers. The knowledge of the gospel makes death not final. I am thankful to know that one day my dad will see his mom again and she'll know him. Alzheimer's is such a sad disease. To forget everything you knew is hard on the person who is sick and their loved ones. Brandon took my mom to the Vegas airport this morning so she can be with my dad at the funeral which is Tuesday. I hope for their sake that they can be strong for everyone else there. Love ya Dad!

5 comments:

Shenille said...

I was talking to Jed last night and we both agreed, Matthew is one good lookin' baby!
Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandma. Weston's grandpa had alzheimer's, it is a very sad disease indeed.

Keith and Laura said...

Wow I am so impressed that you are blogging when you have a two week old. It is so fun to see all of your kids. Hang in there! The lack of sleep is so hard on me, hopefully you will get some sleep soon. Sorry to hear about your grandma.

Andrews Family said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time of your Grandma's passing. Please give your parents our love. :) Little Matthew is sooooooooo cute!! Oh my goodness, what a little man. Congrats!!

spaceyhawks said...

Matthew is just a cutie pie. How fun. I love it when they are that little.

Lisa Belt said...

Zach and Alisha - You have another beautiful boy. What a wonderful family and what lucky kids!