Thursday, November 5, 2009

Preschool: Number 3


Today was again my turn for preschool. This time I decided to let the kids start by playing outside since it was such a nice day and I was in the middle of nursing when preschool was to begin. The only mistake in that was they really had a blast outside and were a little hesitant to come back in! We started out singing songs that related to 3: three little kittens, three blind mice, rub-a-dub-dub, etc. I had the kids act it out, which really made them pay more attention! Then we all headed over to the table to learn a little. I drew threes on their papers and then they traced over them with crayons and eventually we glued yarn to the paper in the shape of a three. I also had them wrap three crayons together with a rubber band and they added a little more pizazz to their pictures. We used toothpicks and made triangles and I showed each of them how a triangle has three sides. I handed out a snack of ants on a long in which there were three ants on each log (celery, peanut butter and raisins). We counted items of three around the room and on our fingers. I then told them the story of Goldilocks and the three bears with all the actions and sound effects. I didn't have the book and just told my own version but boy did they enjoy that! Joshua recited the story later with all the details! It was great I didn't have to make sure everyone saw the pictures or anything and they were all excited and laughing throughout. I then handed them all three large circles, three small circles, three small squares and three small triangles and told them to make a snowman. They all were very creative and turned out so unique to each child. It seemed to make them all happy and they learned a little bit too. Now I get three weeks off until it's my turn again! This type of oreschool works out great for me.

No comments: