Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Days of Christmas: Day 1

I found a great idea for celebrating Christmas all month long at meandmyinsanity.blogspot.com, her blog has a scripture with a question/activity/gift to give everyday through to Christmas. I've added additional activities for my family. This way my family will maintain the true spirit of Christmas and have a special moment everyday to fill our lives with the love of the Savior!


Day One: Read John 3:16 - Why did Jesus come to earth?
Activity: Write letters to Santa

The first activity was a hit! The kids really seemed excited to get into this! The plus to having the questions after the scripture is that they actually listen. It was a teaching moment that helps them to really understand what the Savior has done for all of us.

4 comments:

Thompson Family said...

I looked on the blog and couln't find where you got this. I LOVE IT! Will you keep posting what you're suppose to do? Or where can I find it?

Alveybunch said...

I fixed the link so now it goes directly to the scripture/advent. Hope that helps! I plan on posting everyday.

Shenille said...

I am thinking of replacing the scriptures we have with our advent calendar with these ones. They sound a little easier to understand for the kids than the ones we are using and the questions are great! Thanks for the link! I hope you all get feeling better soon!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

What a fun idea!